2019-20 Indoor Season Review
- NCAA Qualifiers: Matt Katz (mile), Jamie Moreland (mile)
- USTFCCCA All-Mideast Region: Matt Katz (mile, distance medley relay), Jamie Moreland (mile, distance medley relay), Sam Ditkovsky (distance medley relay), Hiro Kawakatsu (distance medley relay).
- Centennial Conference Outstanding Track Performer: Jamie Moreland
- First-team All-Centennial Conference: Jamie Moreland (mile, distance medley relay) Ethan Gadra (pole vault), Sam Ditkovsky (distance medley relay), Hiro Kawakatsu (distance medley relay), Matt Katz (distance medley relay)
- Second-team All-Centennial Conference: Simon Perales (4x800), Nico Tripeny (4x800), Jeffrey Allen (4x800), Charlie Ferguson, (4x800)
- Honorable Mention All-Centennial Conference: Sam McCalpin (5,000m), Jamie Moreland (800m)
- Centennial Conference Track Athlete of the Week: Jamie Moreland (2/11), Matt Katz (1/21, 2/4, 2/25)
- Centennial Conference Field Athlete of the Week: Ethan Gadra (2/25)
- Centennial Conference All-Sportsmanship Team: James Barker
- Centennial Conference Honor Roll: Nathan Akerhielm, Jeffrey Allen, James Barker, Peter Buckley, Sam Ditkovsky, Jack Fanikos, Jacob Gaba, Steve Gan, Scott Kaiser, Amos Karlsen, Matt Katz, Jacob Landsberg, Conor Madden, Sam McCalpin, Ryan O'Donnell, Simon Perales, Nico Tripeny
- Ambler Scholar Athletes: Steven Gan, Conor Madden, Sam McCalpin
Centennial Conference Championships:
- Haverford finished fifth overall in the two-day meet, registering 73.5 total points.
- Jamie Moreland was named the Performer of the Meet after two golds (mile, DMR) and a bronze (800 meters), becoming the third straight Haverford athlete to earn that honor during the indoor campaign.
- Moreland's mile victory was the 24th in program history, and the third consecutive.
- The program continued its string of dominance in the distance medley relay event, earning its 19th gold medal in 27 attempts.
Pole Vault: Ethan Gadra '22 (14 feet, eight inches ; 4.47 meters)
Season Notes: The Fords won three Centennial Conference Track Athlete of the Week honors in the span of four weeks, with Matt Katz taking the award twice and Moreland picking up the plaudit once in the span ... Katz and Gadra both collected awards for their respective disciplines on February 25, following fantastic showings at the Keogh Invitational inside the Alumni Field House ... Following the selection of Katz and Moreland to the NCAA Championships, Haverford now has 65 individual qualifiers and eight relay team qualifiers in program history ... Moreland is the third straight indoor Outstanding Performer of the Meet from Haverford, and the 10th in program history on the track side. ...The program has seen 64 indoor All-Americans and 11 individual national champions in its history ... The Fords placed 17 student-athletes on the Centennial Conference Winter Academic Honor Roll, the third-most in the conference.
Looking Ahead: A pair of NCAA qualifiers in Moreland and Katz both return in 2020-21, with the pair looking to make their initial mark at nationals after the cancellation of the 2020 event. Ethan Gadra vaulted his way into the history books, and returns for his junior season looking to further extend his school record in the event. Haverford's 4x800 meter relay team also returns all four legs after an inspired showing to take silver in 2020. Before next year's indoor campaign kicks off in earnest, Haverford will look to be in very strong shape to return to the top of the conference in cross country, with Moreland and Katz helping to bolster a young core of distance runners hungry to hoist the trophy.