Haverford, Pa. – The Haverford College Athletic Department will induct its ninth class into the Thomas Glasser '82 Hall of Achievement in the spring of 2020. In preparation for the bi-annual induction ceremony, the athletic department is seeking nominations of former Haverford student-athletes and coaches for induction. The 2020 Hall of Achievement induction ceremony will take place during Alumni Weekend. Those dates are set for Friday, May 29 through Sunday, May 31.
The deadline for submission of nominees for the 2020 Hall of Achievement is August 1, 2019. If you have previously submitted nominations for the Hall of Achievement, those nominees will carry over for consideration in the upcoming class. If you would like to nominate a new individual or add information to a current nominee, please complete the Hall of Achievement Nomination Form.
A former Haverford College athlete will be considered eligible for nomination to the Thomas Glasser '82 Hall of Achievement if at the time of the nomination he/she meets the following criteria:
- Graduated at least 10 years prior to the current year (i.e. 2020 nominees must have graduated in May 2009 or earlier)
- Demonstrated exceptional achievement/success in a varsity sport. All-American status and performance at the national level and recognition by regional and/or national associations are important criteria.
- Graduated or left Haverford in good standing.
An outstanding team may also be inducted on occasion. An extraordinary record or accomplishment such as an NCAA Championship or finalist, Conference Championship or undefeated season would make a team eligible.
A former Haverford coach/administrator may also be inducted. Must have been an employee in good standing during his/her tenure; coaching achievements must be of an outstanding nature, eligible immediately after his/her last year of coaching.
The record of the individual and occasional team must be so outstanding that there are no questions of qualifying for The Hall of Achievement.
Inductee is expected to commit to attending the ceremony; unless circumstances arise that are beyond his/her control.
***In the selection process it will be noted that due to the significant changes in athletics over the years, performance in different decades should not be compared.***
Nominations for Class of 2020:
- Deadline for Submissions – August 1, 2019
- A candidate may be nominated by any member of the Haverford community.
- Those nominated who are not inducted may be resubmitted.
- Nominations will not be made public.
- Ceremony – Alumni Weekend, May 29 – May 31, 2020